Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sickness

Sickness is incredibly humbling. Seriously. The craptastic feelings began on Thursday, shortly after my weight lifting for Fit For Life. At first, I thought it was just exhaustion after exercising. Then, I thought it was just allergies.

On both occasions, I thought wrong.

Turns out, I was getting sick. With a fever. Headache. Congestion. Ugh.

I still am sick, although I've discovered that Sudafed works quite well for me and am feeling better now than I have in the last 48 hours or so.

You'd think that the discomfort and ughness of it all would make me very unhappy. It certainly has not been fun. However, I consider it a blessing. See, being physically ill has been a bit of a gut punch for me. One that I needed.

Lately, I've been thinking myself into semi-depression. I've been allowing myself to forget about all the wonderful things in my life and focus on the smallest details of the bad. Well, sickness has returned me to my senses. Sickness has made it so that I remember the good things that I usually take for granted. Sickness has granted me a much healthier mind than I had beforehand.

I believe that sickness was just what I needed.

Yeah, I know what you, my faithful readers, are saying... "Still no kisses? Come on! Get to it, man!" Well, hold your horses! I'm getting there. The story's still going. Besides, you don't want me going around kissing people while sick. That would just be wrong. Seriously.

1 comment:

Emperor Luigi said...

GET TO THE SEXY ALREADY >:O