Sunday, October 26, 2008

The kiss...

There I was.

There she was.

And between us... sorrow, deep as the pit of hell.

The earth shook. Fires crept out through the night. Tornadoes gasped their way across the world. The sun was gone. Ice cracked through the clouds, plowing its way down.

I blinked and she was gone. I fell to the ground in agony. I ran to the others. I asked what I should do. The answer was nothing. Do nothing. And there was nothing I could do.

But there, up above the world, there was a single inch of blue sky. There was one corner of hope not cut off by the despair. To it I fixed my gaze. To it I held. But it got smaller. Harder and harder to hold on to.

This is a slight modification of a nightmare I had a while back. The trouble is... that nightmare has become real. I don't know what's going to happen. I'm lost. I'm trying to hold on to hope, but it's so hard. I'm lost.

So, where's the kiss? The only kiss was the kiss of death. No physical kiss. Sorry. My best friend asked me to say goodbye, at least for a time. And she meant it. She's gone. And my dreams are filled with sorrow. Not very sexy. Oops.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Sorry, you've been tagged.

See this post for details.